College basketball is back for the Georgetown Hoyas as they face the 19th Ranked Oregon Ducks tonight! Here’s a couple of things to keep your eye on in this game
- Markel Starks. Starks is an excellent guard, he’ll have to be the leader since Otto Porter is gone. Starks was a Preseason First Team All-Big East Selection.
- Georgetown will need to take advantage of Oregon’s loss, two Ducks will be out because they were suspended. Dominic Artis and Ben Carter are out for the first nine games. Since Artis is out, the Hoyas defense can expose the Ducks point guard position with a good defense and pressure the basketball.
- The Hoyas have one of the best backcourts in all of basketball according to Head Coach John Thompson III. Conversely, the Hoyas front court is pretty weak. Greg Whittington is out indefinitely because of his knee.
- An Oregon player to watch is Joesph Young. Due to the loss of Artis, Young will have a huge burden on offense. He can determine if the Ducks will come out as a winner or fall short.
- If the Hoyas want to win, they should attack the paint. Oregon’s front court is not as big as the Georgetown’s, even though Whittington is out. If the Hoyas can rebound and win the battle in the paint, then they can come back home 1-0.
My prediction for the game is 75-68. The loss of Artis and Carter will be huge for the Ducks and we will see the affect of them not playing. Hoyas will win.