San Francisco 27
The Washington Redskins took one on the chin in an embarrassing loss to the 49ers.
Stat of the Day: The Redskins only mustered 30 yards in the second half.
Player of the Game: Josh Morgan– Morgan had five catches for 45 yards.
TURNING POINT: In the third quarter the defense forced a fumble in 49ers territory, then the Redskins proceeded to have a turnover on downs.
1. Josh Morgan- Morgan was disappointed about how little he was being used but after some injuries Morgan had a chance to contribute against his former team and he did. The DC native had his most receiving yards since Week 1.
2. RG3 Post Game Press Conference- Unlike last week, RG3 did not provide any quotes that would be detrimental to the team.
1. The offense- Stop me when you have heard this before: offensive line couldn’t protect or run block, receivers couldn’t get open, and RG3 held onto the ball too long. Washington had just 90 passing yards and 190 total yards.
2. Josh Wilson- I hate to single one guy out but that’s what the 49ers did, it was clear from the start San Francisco wanted to throw at Wilson early and often.
3. Niles Paul- Paul had six returns and only averaged 17 yards per return.
The 49ers have a great defense but I can’t excuse the pathetic performance by the offense.
The Redskins defense gave up some chunk plays in the passing game but the run defense was superb. Even though they gave up 27 points it was a decent performance.
Special Teams- C
Washington gave up a 40-yard punt return but besides that they were solid. The field goal at the end of the first half was executed to perfection with the clock running out. Also Moss had a nice 13-yard punt return.
Who’s next: The Redskins (3-8) play the New York Giants (4-7) on Sunday Night Football at FedEx Field.