Final: Jaguars (0-2) 10 Redskins (1-1) 41
• It should be a lot of good things to talk about after winning by 31 points but a RG3 dislocated ankle put a damper on the mood
• Injury was a real shame because it looked like RG3 (2/3 for 38 yards, 22 rushing yards) had a chance for a big game
• With that said, I must say Kirk Cousins (22/33 for 250 yards, 2 TDs) filled in well
• Cousins as always does a good job moving in the pocket, my only concerns with him is sometimes he forces balls into tight spots and he has a knack for the killer interception
• Gruden said after last game he wanted to run more and the Skins definitely did just that, Washington ran 42 times for 191 yards
• Establishing the run game helped keep the ball away from the Jaguars, Washington had 39 minutes of possession compared to Jacksonville’s 21.
• Alfred Morris per usual was reliable, running for 85 yards on 22 carries and scoring two touchdowns
• It was nice to blow a team out so we could give the star players a rest. Silas Redd made the most of his opportunities, averaging 5.1 yards a touch, running for 41 yards and scoring a touchdown
• The offensive line held up pretty well, no scolding of Tyler Polumbus or Chris Chester this week
• Wasn’t a fan of the officiating crew but 11 penalties for 98 yards is still just way too much.
• Moving on to the pass game, really liked how Niles Paul (8 catches for 99 yards and a touchdown), Andre Roberts (4 catches for 57 yards) and Ryan Grant (5 catches for 57 yards) stepped up, Garcon/ DeSean (sprained shoulder) combined for just two catches.
• Defense looks so much better this year compared to last year
• Called out Orakpo (1 sack) last week but him, Jason Hatcher (1.5 sacks), Ryan Kerrigan (4 sacks) and pretty much everybody else lived in the Jaguars backfield, combining for 10 sacks.
• Secondary really did not get tested but that’s a testament to excellent play by the front seven
• Strong effort from the special teams, it’s nice not to give the other team free points…. Good time to reiterate I really like Andre Roberts as a kick/ punt returner
MVP: Niles Paul
LVP: The referees
Special Teams- A