The Washington Redskins fell to 0-3 after suffering a disheartening loss to the Detroit Lions.
Stat of the Day: RG3 had a season high 37 rushing yards.
Player of the Game: David Amerson had some good pass breakups and was active all game.
1. DeAngelo Hall- Calvin Johnson caught seven passes for 115 yards and one touchdown. However, Hall did limit Johnson from the big play and also had a 17-yard interception return for a touchdown.
2. Third down defense- Washington held Detroit to a 30% conversion rate
3. Rush defense- Washington held the Lions to 63 rushing yards.
4. Jordan Reed- the rookie filled in admirably for Fred Davis, catching five passes for 50 yards.
1. Penalties- The Redskins once again hurt themselves with six penalties for 45 yards.
2. RG3- Griffin III had two costly turnovers. One on a fumble when he was trying to slide and another was an ill-advised interception.
3. Tackling- The Redskins missed countless tackles for the third week in a row.
This was probably one of their better games of the year. However, 27 points is still too much and one sack/ one turnover isn’t enough.
Special Teams- B
I was disappointed once again with the kick returners; Chris Thompson and Josh Morgan continually forfeited the easy 20 yards and opted to run the ball out of the end-zone. John Potter was a bright spot, converting both of his field goal attempts. Rocca also had a good day, averaging 46 yards per punt with a long of 63.
The offense lacked the “spark” RG3 talked about this week. The Redskins missed on a go ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter when Aldrick Robinson did not properly secure the football on a deep touchdown.
Who’s next: The Redskins go to Oakland to play the Raiders, who have a 1-1 record and play Denver on Monday Night Football.