Final: Redskins 13 Giants 24
• Another game, another circus
• As you probably know by now, Colt McCoy re-aggravated his neck injury leaving the door open once again for RG3
• Thought RG3 did a lot of good things against the Giants: 1. Used his legs (46 rushing yards) 2. Wasn’t afraid to hit the check down (Silas Redd and Chris Thompson combined for six catches, 84 receiving yards and a receiving touchdown) 3. Went through his progressions when he had time in the pocket
• Having RG3 in there also helped out Alfred Morris in the run game, although would have liked to see Alf get more than 14 touches.
• Didn’t get much from the receivers today again, would’ve liked to see a couple more shots down the field but I know its tough when the quarterback only has two seconds to throw.
• Hate to say one play cost the game or swung momentum but the RG3 rushing touchdown did just that: 1. The Redskins lost out on at least three points if they opted for a field goal. 2. Washington was charged with a couple of personal fouls arguing the overturned call, which led to an onside kick for New York, which led to three points for the Giants
• When you only have three wins, you need a couple of things to go right for you and the Redskins haven’t had many things go their way
• O-line was terrible once again: It was evident Trent Williams was hurt, unfortunately a hurt Trent Williams is better than Tom Compton at left tackle. I will say there were times when the running backs could’ve helped out and chipped before getting in their routes.
• Defensively, anytime you hold your opponent to 287 yards you SHOULD win, but there’s a lot of things the Redskins should do that they don’t
• Penalties were another backbreaker, 10 for 135 yards is just demoralizing
• Half of those penalties came from Bashaud Breeland, who I thought held his own against Odell Beckham Jr. despite the three touchdowns
• No idea why EJ Biggers was covering Odell on his first touchdown or why David Amerson was seven yards off the line of scrimmage on Odell’s six yard touchdown
• The pass rush was non existent except for Ryan Kerrigan here and there
Co-MVPs: Silas Redd and Chris Thompson
Least Valuable Player: I couldn’t bring myself to blame just one player this time
Special Teams- C